Knowledge Systems (KSL)|
Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
Computer Science Department
Gates Building 2A, Room 224
353 Serra Mall
Stanford, CA 94305
email: glass at cs.stanford.edu
I am a Ph.D. candidate in the Stanford Computer Science Department under advisor Mike Genesereth (Logic Group), and my research is in collaboration with Deborah McGuinness (RPI). I am also a computer scientist in the Artificial Intelligence Center at SRI International. My current research involves explaining task execution and machine learning in adaptive cognitive assistants, to make learning-based systems more trustworthy for users.
The best overviews of my current research:
- the ICEE system:
McGuinness, D.L., Glass, A., Wolverton, M., and Pinheiro da Silva, P. "Explaining Task Processing in Cognitive Assistants that Learn." Proceedings of the 20th International FLAIRS Conference (FLAIRS-20), Key West, Florida, 2007. [pdf]
Glass, A., McGuinness, D.L., and Wolverton, M. "Toward Establishing Trust in Adaptive Agents." 2008 International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces (IUI2008), Canary Islands, Spain, 2008. [pdf]
- Glass, A., McGuinness, D.L., Pinheiro da Silva, P., and Wolverton, M. "Trustable Task Processing Systems." In Roth-Berghofer, T., and Richter, M.M., editors, KI Journal, Special Issue on Explanation, Kunstliche Intelligenz, 2008. (to appear)
- McGuinness, D.L., Glass, A., Wolverton, M., and Pinheiro da Silva, P. "A Categorization of Explanation Questions for Task Processing Systems." Proceedings of the 2007 Workshop on Explanation-aware Computing (ExaCt-2007), Vancouver, Canada, 2007. [pdf]
- McGuinness, D.L., Glass, A., Wolverton, M., and Pinheiro da Silva, P. "Explaining Task Processing in Cognitive Assistants that Learn." AAAI 2007 Spring Symposium on Interaction Challenges for Intelligent Assistants, Stanford, California, 2007. [pdf]
- McGuinness, D.L., Ding, L., Glass, A., Chang, C., Zeng, H., and Furtado, V. "Explanation Interfaces for the Semantic Web: Issues and Models." Proceedings of the 3rd International Semantic Web User Interaction Workshop (SWUI'06), International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC'06), Athens, Georgia, 2006. [pdf]
- Glass, A. and McGuinness, D.L. "Introspective Predicates for Explaining Task Execution in CALO." Technical Report KSL-06-04, Knowledge Systems, Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, Stanford University, 2006. [pdf]
Full list of publications here.
Professional Service and Memberships.
Last modified: Friday, 14-Mar-2008 12:29:53 PDT